Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing are two different types of vulnerability testing that perform different task, achieve different results but have the same area of focus. Both these tests have different strengths and are often combined to achieve a better vulnerability analysis.
The wide-ranging services provided by Vulnerability Assessments and Penetration Testing (VAPT) include security audits, suggestions for security disruption, monitoring security for risk analysis, forensics, and penetration testing.
In order to decrease the possibility of threats, software systems must undergo a vulnerability assessment process.
The goal of vulnerability testing is to lessen the chance that hackers or intruders may gain unauthorized access to systems.
Penetration Testing is a multi-layered security system security assessment that uses a combination of machine and human led techniques to identify and exploit vulnerabilities in infrastructure, systems and applications.
A Penetration test is conducted by a professional ethical hacker and includes post-assessment report detailing any vulnerabilities that are discovered and guidance to address them.
BENEFITS OF CHOOSING VAPT:
Technology has evolved massively in recent times. The tools, techniques and tactics used by hackers to breach networks has made it necessary for organizations to conduct regular testing of the organization’s cyber security.
- Enterprises can evaluate applications more thoroughly than with a single test by using vulnerability assessment and penetration testing (VAPT).
- An organisation can get a more in-depth understanding of the vulnerabilities facing its applications by using the Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing (VAPT) approach, which enables the company to better defend its systems and data from hostile attacks.
- While a VAPT provider continues to identify and categorise vulnerabilities, using one enables IT security teams to concentrate on mitigating serious vulnerabilities.
- Protect the company’s network from illegal accesses and stop data loss.
- Protect data integrity and availability.
- Prevent monetary and reputational loss.
- Helps to achieve compliance certifications.
VAPT makes the weaknesses in the organization’s cyber security visible and also provides solutions to mitigate them.
|Vulnerability Assessment||Penetration Testing|
BE SURE ABOUT CHOOSING THE CORRECT VAPT PROVIDER:
It's crucial to choose a VAPT provider from a group that has the accreditations, knowledge, and experience required to not only recognise dangers but also offer the assistance required to resolve them.
The provider should be able to meet your desired VAPT requirements.
The provider should ensure that it will provide outcomes and complete post-test care needed to level up your organization’s cyber security.
MODERN PROBLEMS THAT REQUIRE VAPT SOLUTIONS:
- With new techniques used by hackers every day, VAPT helps to easily detect and prevent any malicious attacks on the organization’s cyber security network.
- A single test is no more as effective as it used to be because of the complex threats that an organization faces. VAPT is a combination of two tests hence its increased strength provides organizations more security.
- If the security of the organization is not strong, then there are high chances of loss of data and its integrity. VAPT helps in avoiding this issue.
- VAPT helps in easily meeting the compliance standards.
TYPES OF TESTING
|Vulnerability Assessment||Penetration Testing|
NEED HELP? CALL US ON +91 86524 82227
frequently asked questions
- With fast moving technology adoption, rapid development cycles, mobile applications, IoT, etc. – Networks today are more vulnerable than ever. Additionally, cyber attacks and compromises are a real threat for most organizations.Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration testing helps you validate your security controls against real-world threats, identify security risks in your environment and understand the real-world impact of these issues. Furthermore, it also helps meet a wide-range of compliance standards and regulatory requirements that require regular VAPT activities to help secure the network and applications.
- On starting an audit, we assign the project to an in-house team of security consultants with relevant experience in the platform and technology in-addition to industry standard security certifications. Several levels of approvals take place within our work-flow based system to track the audits and ensure that internal quality standards are met.
- VAPT should be performed on a regular basis based on internal change cycles or compliance and regulatory requirements. Some organizations carry out the activity once a year while some go as far as on a daily or monthly basis.