Advanced Perimeter Security
Ports of Firewalls have to be kept open for certain Business requirements. This gives access to many malicious threat actors. Incompatibility between many components of Network Infrastructure leads to weakness of Perimeter Security. UTMs & Firewalls fail to identify malicious traffic or connections.Advanced Perimeter Security Ecosystem secures organization’s Network by Monitoring real time traffic across network & applications.
Traditional perimeter security solutions are ineffective against evolving web-based threats.
- Stop compromising.
- Immunize your enterprise against Data Leakage, Phishing, RansomWare threats, Cyber-Slacking, etc.
- Setup your perimeter security with a specialized, next generation perimeter security to the core.
Why do you need it?
Data security is critical to public and private sector organizations for a number of reasons.
- There’s a legal and moral obligation for companies that have to protect the data of their users and customers so that it does not fall into the wrong hands.
- There’s also a risk of a data breach or hack which might harm your reputation. If you do not take data security seriously, your reputation can be permanently damaged in the event of a publicized, high-profile data breach or hack.
- Not to mention there are also financial and logistical consequences if a data breach occurs.
You’ll need to invest time and money to assess and repair the damage, determining which business processes have failed and what needs improvement.
Need for Advance Perimeter Security
- The statistics speak for themselves.
- Hackers attack every 39 seconds, on average 2,244 times a day.
- 43% of cyberattacks target small businesses while 64% of companies have experienced web-based attacks. 62% experienced phishing & social engineering attacks. 59% of companies experienced malicious code and botnets and 51% experienced denial of service attacks. The stats are rather alarming but generally, this is due to the fact that many businesses don’t defend their network appropriately.
Traditional Perimeter Security drawbacks
- Susceptible to Vlan hopping hacking techniques
- Cannot handle complex operations and gets slower with updates
- No East-West Traffic Security
- No Authentication and Authorization for other networks in the same network
- Prone to insider threats
- Don’t prevent lateral movement or eliminate insider threats
Why do we need Advanced Perimeter Security?
- Our increased dependency on a network of online devices requires our trust on cyber security
- Processing of our big data needs shielding
- Effective way to preserve your internal information from malicious third parties
- Protection from unauthorized access by adopting appropriate authentication procedures
- Prevention of malware installation by implementing appropriate firewall
- Blocks spyware and adware that leak your information
- Recovery from DDoS attacks
The normal perimeter security cant help in all the breaches and attacks , hence advanced perimeter security is necessary for all to keep your business safe and secure.
- Firewalls does not always prevent the installation of malware
- Gives out your information through spyware and adware
- Virus, trojans and worms cause effective damage to the functioning of your business, (might be enough to quarantine it.)
- Increased frustration because of Spam
- Floods your servers with emails causing your system to collapse
- Protection from unauthorized access and appropriate authentication procedures
frequently asked questions
- The cost can be a factor when considering what kind of security your business deploys. The average cost of a ransomware attack on businesses is $133,000, so cybersecurity should be seen as an investment, not an expense.
- No it does not protect from Phishing attacks as Phishing is about fake emails trying to extract sensitive information, such as your bank passwords or credit card details and a variation of this is pharming, where the criminal sets up a fake website which looks like one you normally use, typically a banking site. Once you enter your details, the criminal is able to plunder your account.
- Malware is the most obvious risk in perimeter security. It is most commonly acquired through clicking on email attachments and email links.
- The vast majority of traffic in a data center is East-West, and traditional perimeter controls offer no protection to internal traffic. For example, should the IT manager really have access to the financial records or production data?
- An effective, managed firewall will significantly reduce risk to your business. Without a firewall, your business could easily succumb to a cyber-attack, causing you to lose all of your important data. This would not only disrupt business processes, but would also reduce productivity and likely damage your reputation and brand.
- A properly configured, maintained, and monitored firewall will protect your data, network, and devices. Importantly, you need to ensure that your firewall has the power to manage normal and encrypted internet traffic without slowing down your devices or compromising security.